This page collates career stories from developmental biologists who have successfully transitioned out of academia. We hope that their stories will show you the breadth of opportunities outside academia that developmental biology prepares you for. This page will be updated regularly – please follow us to explore all the exciting things developmental biologists are doing with their lives.
- Perrine Barraud, founder of Petit MushyP
- Katherine Brown, executive editor of Development
- Lucy Freem, Assistant Statistician, Scottish Government
- Bill Hinchen, senior editor at Abcam
- Jonathan Lawson, Communications Manager at Babraham Institute, Cambridge
- Aiden Maartens, manager of the Node
- Cat Vicente, web editor at Lady Margaret Hall College in the University of Oxford